Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas from Mongolia!

I received a card from my school director that read, "At this special time of year, may the Hope and Joy in your heart be Renewed."

It touched me deeply. I miss so much during the holidays... hot chocolate, pumpkins, christmas songs, christmas trees, fires (that are not necessary for survival), 24 hours Christmas marathons, and watching Storm Chasers all day while building puzzles and ugly sweaters. And more than anything, spending time with family and friends.

I had a bit of a mental breakdown on the 24th... I wanted sooo bad to be in America with all of you guys. It was a rough day, but now I'm in the aimag celebrating Christmas the best we can (i.e. going to the karaoke bar and singing every Christmas song in the book).

I'm very happy to be in the presence of other Americans right now, but know that I'd give my right arm to spend just one quick day at home in America with all you.

Happy Holidays, all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment