Monday, December 6, 2010

Home - where my thoughts escape me...

So, apologies for the horrendous blogging I have been doing lately. I should have been posting when I had the chance, but alas... the lure of the city (and it's vegetarian options, open air black markets, and a night-life that consisted of more than binge drinking vodka in your home) kept me busy every day... not to mention it was swarming with American Peace Corps volunteers, whom I clung to as though I wouldn't have contact with them for another 8 months. Oh wait...

It was sad to realize that the next time we would all be together again would be for MST - Mid Service Training - next August. Until then, I suppose I'll just have to deal with the motley bunch I was cast as sitemates here in the BU (just jokes, y'all... I could not have asked for better sitemates and that's the truth!).

Now, I am once again awaiting the phone call that will tell me I am leaving RIGHT NOW! and then I will head back to my popsicle of a ger where I imagine I will spend a few hours shivering miserably while everything thaws. I get to return to my Norman and my Dilguun and my students, which I am very excited for. I did miss my site a lot and really do consider it to be my home.

To be honest, when I left Dariganga a month ago, I was burnt out. Really needed that vacay. But IST and being with my friends again has totally revived me. When I get back to site my counterpart and I are starting a variety of clubs and activities and such, so at the very least I'll be occupied and perhaps a few will learn English in the process. :)

Also, I'm super excited to announce that the Minnesotan in me is bringing broomball to Dariganga. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before but, everyone has brooms! Everyone has a ball! And we all have a giant frozen lake! It's going to be like GAC all over again... except outside. And probably a lot less English. But just as much booze, I'm sure.

Hokey - long boring post sans pictures because Smartypants McGee over here left her computer charger at the hostel, which means until I get that back... oh boy. I don't even want to think of the implications of being without my computer (no music... no movies... no games... eeeek!) Luckily, enough of you darling folk have sent me books. I'll probably burn through those over this next month.

Goodness I'm being long winded today. I'm done. I'm going back to Dariganga sometime today and I am going to try my hardest to be back here for Christmas. We shall seeeee.

Thanks for tunin in and I'll see ya when I see ya!

Sarah, TafKap, or Snag... depending on how you know me. mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment