Saturday, December 4, 2010

Don't Stop UB'in

Loneliness and boredom has taken it's toll on all of us here in Mongolia. It was real fun learning how everybody dealt with that... A dear good friend changed the lyrics of "Don't Stop Believin" to "Don't Stop UB'in." It is a gem of a song.

I just discovered that the cord connecting my external to my computer also works with my camera!

Nifty!

So, I'm still in UB. My counterpart and I just wrapped up a week long training seminar at a fancy resort in the hills with all the other TEFL volunteers. It was a raging good time to be with all my friends again.

Beautiful, yea?

A few days before the seminar, PC-Mongolia flooded the city to celebrate Thanksgiving... turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie (oh myyyy). The food was delicious, the company was great, but I assure you that all you back home were on my mind the entire day. Being separated from all y'all that I love dearly has made me more thankful than ever that I have such wonderful people in my life. The letters, the packages, even the short emails that I check 2 months late reminding me that I am missed mean so much to me. I am so thankful to have such a great support system back home.

I am especially thankful for family these days (and I'm not just mocking you Michelle... :) ). Mom and Dad, your packages and phone calls may be my saving grace here in Mongolia. You guys have done and continue to do so much for me, even if I am half a world away. I can't possible express how much it means to me. I love you guys very much.

Sappiness aside, I had a funny sort of moment here in Mongolia over Thanksgiving. I love hearing that you all read my blog and are taking such an invested interest in my travels. But get this... A fellow PCV approached me over Thanksgiving and informed me that his Mongolian counterpart is also following this blog. I am so flattered! I felt that the blog would be for introducing you all to Mongolian culture, but it excites me so much to know that it is working the other way, too. Best part, though... Tom's counterpart bought me a Christmas gift... a jar of peanut butter :)

So, a thank you so much, Batjargal! I hope you continue to enjoy my blog. I absolutely enjoyed that peanut butter!

I promised a photo blog. But i have yet to take pictures. Sorry. I suck. Today I will! (Ummm maybe:) )

I go back to the soum in 2 days, so skype me soon!

Another dear good friend changed the lyrics of Paul Simon's "America" to "Mongolia." So goodbye for now you fabulous people, I love and am truly thankful for you all. Now, "I'm gone to look for Mongolia."

kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment