Sunday, November 14, 2010

Trick or Treat!

It is customary to serve a dish of candy to every visitor in home, no matter the time of year. So basically every day is Halloween for Mongolian children. However, I love Halloween, so I did my best to educate my students on the most ridiculous holiday ever. I say ridiculous because I never really thought about the origins or reason behind Halloween until I had to teach it people who knew nothing about it. It is such an odd holiday... think about it.

Anyhow, I had a bunch of little knick knacks from America so I told my students if they came in costume they would get candy and a prize. Here's what I ended up with...

My spooky ger. Since we can't carve pumpkins, we drew pumpkins and hung them in my ger.

6 points on the creativity scale.

These guys didn't quite get it... they found some paint and painted each others faces. Funny, nonetheless.

Totally legit spiderman. 10 points right there.

Getting better...

Winners! This is Bomaa, Shinny, and Dilguun (all my neighbors... Shinny is Dilguun's mom). How awesome are they?

He's so scary!

I had many other trick or treaters and I think they enjoyed it. I got some pretty wild masks from some of the boy students. One guy came as a giant pumpkin. It was awesome. Perhaps next year we will have more time to prepare costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment