Monday, September 10, 2012

Good Morning Vietnam!*

*that should exhaust my pop culture references to Vietnam.... 

After spending a few days in the cool misty mountains, I came down Nha Trang, Hoi An, and Da Nang, where all intentions of sight-seeing were immediately foiled by this:  


In each of these cities, I walked around a bit at night and got to know the town, but the overwhelming majority of my time was spent being a beach bum. A very happy beach bum. 


 In Da Nang, I got the tip off that there was a resort in town that was looking for Westerners to swim in their pool.

Seriously.

Since I had the necessary qualifications, I sought out the resort with great eagerness and, alas, the rumor was true. As a new resort, they were having trouble appealing to the foreign crowd, so they happily invited foreigners in to show the rest of the world that this was, indeed, an international resort.

Infinity pool!
Hoi An by night
So, after completing an entire novel in 3 days, I decided I had spent too much time on the beach and headed North to Hue, which is just about smack dab in the middle of Vietnam. Hue offered quite a bit to see and do, including the old Imperial City and some pretty tranquil tombs. 

Incense drying in the sun









There was a museum in the Ciatdel that contained old war machines. If you can read it, the small white label in the upper right says "Rocket Launcher"
 And here's a preview of Hanoi:

Water Puppet Show!
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment