Thursday, November 10, 2011

And so it begins....

Happy 11-11-11, ya'll! ( I wrote that intro on 11-11... then I got distracted. Merry 11-13-11!)

It's been a while, yes? Since my last post a few exciting things have happened:
  • I turned 24.
  • Lloyd quite probably turned 1.
  • It snowed. And the avg. temp has dropped by a good 50 degrees.
  • Shinee had her baby! On August 18th, Shinee gave birth to a brand new baby girl named Misheel. Which is an odd Mongolian name because it doesn't mean anything. And usually everybody has two names (Shinee's full name is Shine-bayar). I asked Bajay (Baatar-sukh) about this and he just said, "Misheel Obama." Also, Misheel has a dazzling blue bottom, which according to tradition, makes her a descendant of Chingiss Khan.
So anyhow, I'm happy to be up in the city, hanging with friends and reacquainting myself with the BU. So much has changed in the month I have been gone. Most notably the 2 story HOUSES that are being built on the south side... Comparable to the size of our house in America.

And also, the introduction of a store selling AMERICAN goods has us all in a tizzy. We can buy such amazing things as reese's, ranch dressing, Swiss Miss, and above all, not vodka. The store is stocked with wine and whiskey (there is still vodka, yes, but it's endless line of clear liquid is broken up by the beautiful label of Jim Bean).

I'm gunna get to picture bloggin here, so sit back and enjoy!

Sarah

1 comment: